Image courtesy: Phalinn Ooi.
Looking for the ‘Top 15 Luxury Hotels and Resorts on Andaman Island? We at the Road Less Travelled understand that when it comes to planning a dream vacation to a place, luxury seeks importance. And what better way to spend your holiday than relaxing at a luxury hotel or booking a room on a beach resort that caterers to all that your heart desires and make your stay a memorable one!
Here’s a list of the most popular Luxury Hotels & Resorts of Andaman Islands’ that would help you choose your stay options on your next trip to this tropical paradise.
1. Barefoot at Havelock:
Nestled between lush green trees, pristine beach just a few steps away and fantastic food makes Barefoot an ideal place to unwind. Choose any of the 25 elegantly designed tents, cottages or villas and experience nature at its best!
- Dakshin by Barefoot: located close to the jetty at Havelock, this place is known for their South Indian thali. Perfect place for vegetarians too.
2. Barefoot Scuba Resort:
Another wing of Barefoot, this resort is beautiful with great snorkel locations nearby at South Button Island and Tamarind Camp.
- You can choose from sea facing rooms, duplex huts or luxury family cottages. It’s the only resort that has sea facing villas!
3. Island Vinnies Tropical Beach Cabana, Havelock:
The tented Cabanas are very unique and provides a luxurious and comfortable stay. The accommodation also offers safari style tents and comfy huts. The ‘Full Moon Cafe’ serves excellent food. The resort also offers PADI certified diver courses so you may learn to scuba dive too. Anju Coco: a popular multi-cuisine eats out place located near the beach 3 and 5. Try chicken schnitzel and prawns and get your taste buds activated with their homemade chocolate cakes, muffins and nutella naans.
- Clown Fish Café: cute as the name suggests, it’s a small café that makes delicious pizzas. Located near the Andaman Bubbles dive shop, this is where people hang out most mornings and evenings.
4. Symphony Palms Beach Resort, Govind Nagar:
A fairly newly opened resort provides sumptuous interiors and superb modern facilities along with some sea facing cottages. The location itself offers an unforgettable experience making you fell refreshed and relaxed.
Welcome restaurant: located just across the market area offers some delicious sea food curries. Don’t forget to try their yummy prawn rolls.
- Swapan’s Grill Fish: Recommended by the lonely planet, this place is small but it serves up the best grill fish in the whole island! Try the Red snapper with Indian herbs, Blue Travelly in butter sauce or the banana leaf fish, a recipe handed down by generations.
5. Sea Shell, Havelock:
Studded with coconut palms and white sandy beach, this place combines rustic yet elegant modern charm to it and that’s what makes it special.
- Tucked away closest to the beach, makes it a truly romantic place to stay.
6. Munjoh Ocean Resort:
Located near the Kalapather beach, the resort is smartly maintained and has a private beach too. The cottages and rooms are spacious and have all the required amenities. Being a little away from the main Havelock island, it makes this place ideal if you want some quiet time. Choose from Luxurious villas, suites, cottage and beach house.
- Fat Martin Café: located on the kalaPather beach road and near to the Dolphin resort, this place serves some authentic food ranging from chinese to Israeli and Indian to south Indian. Try out Shakshouka’ and ‘Malawach’. They are also famous for their shakes, mocktails and juices.
7. Emeraldo Gecko, Havelock:
Get comfy on the couches on the double story bungalows that provide amazing sea views or opt for luxury rooms that have outdoor bathrooms constructed with bamboo rafts and more. This place characterizes the word ‘Eco-Tourism’ yet provides you all the amenities you could ask for.
- ‘Black Beard’s Bistro’ serves good gourmet food while the ‘Bengali Flare’ offers a variety for spicy food lovers. Their Italian selection offers hand-made pastas and are a must try.
8. Wild Orchid, Havelock:
Emeraldgecko Even without its own private beach, the resort has a relaxing feel to it. The hammocks and the wooden cottages provide comfort and great for family stay. The place is located in Vijay nagar, Havelock.
- Red Snapper: Main highlight being the bar that opens till 11 pm, the places serves some good food too. Do try out salmon, fish tikka, masala lobster and thai curry.
9. Silver Sands, Havelock:
A nice family place to stay that offers private beach and spacious villas with a rustic feel. They even organize candle night dinners on request! Rediscover yourself a midst the lush greenery and blue lagoons! In the heart of Havelock Island, Andaman, stands its finest resort, Silver Sand Beach Resort. Fenced with the oldest stretch of white sand beach (Beach No 5), interspersed with swaying palms, clear blue sky and the gurgle of the sea, SilverSand Beach Resort is the ideal one to spend your best holidays.
- Sumptuous interiors and superb modern facilities add to an atmosphere of discrete luxury. Our full service resort offers an environment of relaxation and comfort that combines all benefits of fitness and health. The central convenient locations close to the lagoon and its great activities & adventure witnessing richest marine biodiversity for those who would like to touch the depth of the mysterious sea world. Silver Sand The Beach Resort has 39 luxurious A/C cottages, Lagoons and Suites presenting a vista of silent island clothed in richest blue sea, one that captivates your mind & senses is the fascinating scenario.
10. Eco Villa Palm Beach, Govind Nagar, Havelock:
Located near the harbor, this place offers nice surroundings, thatched roof huts and an earthy feel to the area. A perfect place to relax and unwind! The resorts spread in 1.5 acres of land adjoin to sea in Govindnager village. The distance of cottages and huts are 1 to 5 meters from the beach offering a breathtaking view of the Andaman Sea, lush landscapes, coconut palms, and unspoiled beaches.
- With its exotic tropical beauty and relaxing hospitality, this getaway is the perfect place to enjoy relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind, body, and soul.
The guests can enjoy the facilities and benefits of a shared kitchen and shared lounge/TV area. The property features garden and terrace area. The guests can approach the tour desk for the currency exchange and car rental services. The property offers luggage storage. Room service is available.
Your trip to the island will not be complete without a mouth-watering dose of sea food. While the high end luxury resorts and beautiful cottages may provide you with comfortable stays, there will be times’ when you would love to explore the local cuisine and the exotic sea food. So we at Road Less Travelled also share some traveler recommended places to eat and drink that are closer to the hotels/resorts.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!