Image courtesy: Travelling Slacker.
Himachal Pradesh is the most popular mountainous area in India and it is one of the best attractions for the people who are fond of trekking. It has the most scenic mountains, attractive sightseeing locations and offers a lot of moments to cherish to the visitors. All these specialties make Himachal Pradesh one of the most preferred locations for newly weds too. Well, for the trekkers we have compiled a list of 10 best trekking routes to explore in this beautiful state. Here we go!!
1. Triund Trek
The Triund trek is one of the most scenic treks in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The entire trek is newbie friendly and hence can be covered in 6-7 hours as it is a short one (merely 9 km). It offers gorgeous views of Dhauladhar ranges as well as Kangra valley. So if you are just a beginner then this trek is perfect to explore in this summer season.
- The trek can become a little difficult meanwhile
- The Indrahar pass is merely 17 km ahead this trek so if you want to be a little more adventurous so you can go ahead!
2. Bhabha Pass Trek
The Bhabha Pass Trek is a tremendous trek route that you could ever imagine. It is having the altitude of over 16,000 feet and that’s why it lies among the list of most difficult treks in the state. If you want to experience the scenery of Kashmir then this trek is definitely appropriate for you. The trek trails offer the views of enchanting forests, landscapes and more such beauties.
- At the highest point you get to enjoy mesmerizing180° view of the Bhaba and Pin valleys.
- The trek can be completed in 8 to 9 days.
3. Indrahar Pass Trek
The Indrahar Pass Trek lies in the district Kangra and it is a wonderful route with mind blowing scenes. The Indrahar Pass is situated over an altitude of around 14,000 ft. The trek offers beautiful views of snow covered mountains. The trekkers uncover Triund , Ilaqa Pass and Lahesh Caves on this trek trail. It acts as a border between Kangra and Chamba districts.
- It is one of the easy to moderate treks
- The travelers coming here get glimpse of the sacred peak of ManiMahesh Kailash as well as the snow covered Pir Panjal Ranges.
4. Kareri Lake Trek
The Kareri Lake Trek is located gorgeously at the altitude of 3,300ms offering the mesmerizing views to the trekkers. It is among the most enchanting alpine treks in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is not very difficult so appropriate for the newbies as well. It can be completed in 6-7 days.
- Snow capped Dhauladhar Ranges give awesome views
- Trek begins from the Kareri village which is quite close to Dharamshala
5. Pin Parvati Pass Trek
This is one of the most scenic treks in the Himalayan ranges which is located over an altitude of 17,380 feet above sea level. It takes you through the narrow valleys, dense forests and verdant meadows. It can be a moderate to extremely challenging trek so you should have experience in trekking before you explore this one.
- The route has so much to see, such as- forests, pristine lakes as well as glaciers
- The trek can be completed in 17-20 days
6. Malna Village Trek
This is the trek which begins from Kasol to Malana village. It is one of the prettiest trek routes that you will come across. The village Malana is free from pollution so you will have a glimpse of natural beauty and will breathe in the pure air. Even it is referred to as ‘mini Israel of India’.
- This trek can be completed in 2-3 days
- It is a suitable trek for the newbies
7. Beas Kund Trek
Beas Kund is a lake that is situated at the altitude of 3,700 m above the sea level. It is supposed to have the connection with Mahabharata Era. It can be completed in 3 days. The itinerary will be as follows:
The trek begins with Solang Valley to Dhundi to Bakartach on day 1 and on the day 2 you will trek to Bakrathatch to Beas Kund & Back. On day 3 you need to trek from Bakkarthatch to Solang Valley.
- This trek is considered to have the difficulty level of easy to moderate
8. McLeod Ganj- Chamba Trek
The Indian state of Himachal Pradesh is well known for having the glimpse of nature. The McLeod Ganj to Chamba Trek is another popular trek among the tourists. The route gives you a chance to see Pir Panjal and Dhaula Dhar mountain ranges along with various other picturesque scenes. You will walk through the lush Deodar and Rhododendron forests as well.
- It is a moderately challenging trek
9. Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
The Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek is a mesmerizing trekking route which is in the Manali region, where lots of trek enthusiasts visit every year. The lush forests, waterfalls, mesmerizing meadows, silver birch and the beautiful trails through rhododendrons describe the beauty of this trek.
- The Deo Tibba Base Camp trek can be covered in 6-7 days
- The trek is moderate in difficulty level so beginners can also try it
10. Prashar Lake trek
The Prashar Lake Trek is another gorgeous trek which lies in Himachal Pradesh. It stands on the altitude of around 2700 meters and is adored by the trek lovers because of it’s panoramic views. The route offers enchanting scenery of Himalayan ranges. The trekkers can have 180 degree view of mesmerizing Dhauladhar ranges, Pir Panjal as well as beautiful Kinnaur mountain ranges.
- The trek is easy to moderately challenging
- The trek can be covered in 2 days and 1 night.
When it comes to trekking, Himachal Pradesh is one of the states that has so many other trek routes apart from these 10 but we’ve presented here the best ones among all. Hope you liked this post.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!