Image courtesy: Ondrej Pospisil.
Jammu and Kashmir is a beautiful state in Northern India. The state is generally referred to as J&K and it is situated in Himalayan (the mountains range). This state has a famous tourist attraction because it has a lot to offer. The serenity and the beautiful mountainous views are worth watching. The landscapes in the gorgeous J&K will surely make you amazed. However there can be occasional issues because of political tense in the valley so you need to be careful. Here we are sharing some important tips for you so that you can enjoy the trip to the fullest:
1. Cooperate with the military
In J&K there are some ongoing political issues so there can be unusual activities and in that case the visitors need to be careful about sudden military actions. It is noteworthy that such unusual activities are not there all the times.
- If anything unusual happens then the cops and military officials are always there to offer help.
2. Don’t interact with a stranger
Well, this is one of the important things that you should consider. Don’t trust any stranger otherwise you might get into the trouble. If you need any kind of help or have any query you must ask at the help desks.
- Airport help desk is your best friend during this trip
3. Get basic information regarding your trip
Grab some information by doing some online research. This research will help you with a hassle free travel. There are a lot of online books available that will prepare you for J&K trip. Indeed this tip is applicable for any trip to any place!
- It is better to carry J&K travel map
4. Avoid a Do-it-yourself tour
When it comes to DIY tours to J&K we would strongly recommend avoiding these. Always book your tour from an authorized travel agent. It will not only save your time but will help you enjoy the trip without any worries.
5. Weather definitely matters!
Since it is a mountainous area so you should be aware of best time to travel over there, sometimes weather can be unpleasant so you must check the weather conditions before you are booking your tour. As the weather in Jammu and Kashmir is known to be cold because of its location in Himalayan Mountains, so it is highly advised not to forget some warm clothes especially if you are planning for trekking during this trip.
- Sometimes, unpleasant weather can cause serious problems like landslide
- It is better that the women avoid wearing revealing clothes in J&K
6. Carry your passport all the times
It is vital to carry your passport all the time no matter where you are going in the State. Keep the passport along with you and safe because it will help you in sudden situations that might occur.
7. Take care of your belongings
When you are traveling here and there in Jammu and Kashmir you must be aware of your belongings. Make sure that no strangers touch your stuff. Don’t let anyone touch even your hand bang when you enter or exit the airport.
- Some people lost their stuff in lack of attention. So keep your eyes on the belongings when you are at public places
8. Keep the embassy contact details handy
To every foreign tourist in Jammu and Kashmir it is highly suggested that they keep their embassy contact details along with them all the times. These details can be handy if you are stuck in any legal hassle. In fact, keep the travel agency details too along with you.
- Because of some unusual happening you can get in legal trouble so embassy contact and travel agency details will be very helpful if anything happens.
9. Avoid offers or agreements from unknown vendors
When enjoying your Jammu and Kashmir trip you would surely find may offers and schemes that can look lucrative to you but note down our advice of not accepting any offers from strangers. Just don’t sign any agreements as well. Always contact the travel agency for all kinds of needs.
- There are tons of offers and pamphlets hanging on the walls but they can get you in trouble. Totally avoid them!
10. Avoid street foods and don’t eat “PORK”
Sensitive stomachs should stay away from the street/stall foods if you don’t want to get sick. Also, you must know that eating pork in this Kashmir can get you in trouble. So it is highly advised to completely avoid grabbing pork over there.
- The street food is quite spicy and sometimes it can be unhygienic
Jammu and Kashmir is more likely a paradise in India but these small tips are quite important to consider because they will be very helpful. We hope you liked this post and will definitely note down our tips.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!