Image courtesy: Sankara Subramanian.
The state of Bihar is situated in the northern side of India. Most of the people in this state lives in the rural areas and very few people stay in the urban areas. This state has been one of the important regions of some great kingdoms in India like Maurya and Gupta empire. There are various places in Bihar, which are visited by many of the tourists around the world. Here you can find many of the culturally and historically important places. However, while travelling in Bihar one needs to follow certain tips which will make the tour safe and enjoyable. Let us see some of the 10 travel tips for Bihar:
1. Woman should not trust any stranger
The Bihar is one of the nice states for traveling. However, the state is not too safe for the woman. The woman who are travelling in Bihar, should not trust any of the stranger. They can be dangerous and may create the trouble for woman. However, the woman should also know regarding some of the safety measures that they should take care of.
- It is better that the woman here should wear full clothes while travelling
- There were sokme cases in Bihar where the woman had faced some problems
2. Keeping Id proofs
When you travel in Bihar, there are some possibilities that you may face check ups by government officials. These check ups are basically from the security point of view. If you do not have any proper Id proof then most probably you may have to face a little problem and your tour may get spoiled. So better you carry some proper Id proof, making your tour more nice.
- Carrying a Pan Card, Aadhar Card and Driving License is always better Id proof
- Many of the tourist who did not carry the Id proof had faced some problems
3. Carrying the woolen clothes in winter
The winters in Bihar are very cold. The tourist coming here, have frequently faced this problem of cold climate, which they never expected. The things become more difficult when you are with your kids. The traveling in morning and night becomes difficult in these occasions. So, do carry those woolen clothes which will keep you and your dear ones a little warm protecting from cold climate.
- In winter season, the average temperature in Bihar is between 11 to 14 degree
- The cold climate in Bihar is liked by many tourists
4. Avoid keeping expensive items in busy streets
There are some of the busy streets in Bihar, which are not safe of your valuable items. When you travel in Bihar, do keep valuable items safe with you. Also, it will be better if you avoid bringing these items in busy streets. The are more possibilities of these items been getting stolen. Also, do keep the habit of keeping the ATM’s in your pocket instead of cash.
- Some tourists had lost few of the items in the busy streets
- Also, do keep your wallet in the front pocket instead of back pockets
5. Know the weather
When you are traveling in Bihar, do keep track of the weather of the place which you will be going. In Bihar, the rains are uncertain and may arrive at any time. So do find out how heavy or less the rainfall will be. Also, there are frequent fog cover during morning time in Bihar. So, whenever there is heavy fog you should avoid going out.
- Some times, heavy fog had led to the small and big accidents
- Many a times, Bihar had experienced heavy rains in the rainy season
6. Protect the kids in fairs
The fairs in Bihar are very exciting and interesting. You will find huge crowds in many of the fairs in Bihar. There were many of the occasions in fair where the parents have lost their kids in fairs. So, do protect your kids in Bihar and take care that you do not left them alone anywhere. Do not allow your kids to let go in any of the odd places.
- The small kids should be given proper advice by parents before going to the fair
- The Sonepur fair is very famous in Bihar
7. Couples should not exaggerate their love in public places
The tourists coming in Bihar should always try to maintain the discipline whenever they are walking in the public places. Many of the couples do have some nice moments here. They really enjoy the fantastic weather of Bihar. However, couples should always take care that their behavior is nice in the pubic places. Do not exaggerate your love for the partner, when you are in public places.
- Many of the couples try to over exaggerate their love in public places
- The local people have a strong objection over the misbehaviour in the public places
8. Do keep necessary medicine near
The tourist who are advised to take particular medicine, should take some extra medicines with them. There are some of the remote places in Bihar where you will not find the medical shops easily. This can be problematic for some people. Also, some tourist may face the problems arising due to the climate change. Prevention is always better than cure, so do keep the necessary medicine near to you.
- The asthama patients should be very careful and should carry all medicine necessary needed
- In some medical you may not find the needed medicine
9. Avoid the street foods
There are many of the places in the Bihar, where one can find some of the tasty and delicious street foods. However, try to avoid eating the street foods whenever you are outside. The street food here are very poor from the hygenic point of view, so you must control your temptation for you favorite dishes. Do eat food from the hygenic places only.
- Not all the street food are bad from the hygenic point of view
- Pani Puri and Chole Bhature are some of the delicious street food here
10. Carrying a water bottle
Carrying a water bottle when traveling in Bihar is always advisable. The summers in Bihar are very hot and you will feel very thirsty in these times. So, you always need to be hydrated. Some of the tourist may even find a taste of water different here. Also, you will find very rare shops keeping the mineral bottle. So, do keep the mineral water bottle with you.
- There are few shops selling mineral water
- In Bihar it feels very thirsty during the summer season
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!