Image courtesy: drstrangelove423
Delhi is a very important city of India as it is the capital of this country. Delhi is quite a large metropolitan city, which is also important commercially. Compared to other big cities in India, Delhi has a little more pollution. People working here have hectic work schedule, who are constantly looking for places around Delhi which can make them stress free and they can have some enjoyable moments. There are many of the places around Delhi where the people can just visit in the weekends to rejuvenate themselves. Let us see some of the 10 popular weekend destinations around Delhi:
Hansi is a beautiful place nearby Delhi which falls in the Haryana state. Hansi is located beautifully in the green mountain region. This place also has some of the important archaeological monuments. The Asigarh fort is one of the important monument located here. This fort belonged to the great Prithviraj Chauhan. This fort is architecturally well-built fort. The people from Delhi come here in large numbers to have some nice moments.
- This fort is named as “Asigarh” because many of the swords were manufactured in this fort
- The Archaeological survey has declared this fort as the Protected Monument of National Importance
Rishikesh is a beautiful place located in Uttarakhand, which is just few km away from Delhi. This place is located at the foothills of the Himalayas. This place is religiously very important as many of the temples are found here. The swift flowing river here is another attraction of the tourists coming here. There are some of the excellent yoga practice being done here and people from all over the world come here to practice yoga.
- The Lakshman Jhula bridge is one of the main attractions of the people coming here
- This place is also known as “Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas”
Mathura is a very holiest place located few kilometers away from Delhi. This place is religiously very important for Hindus, as Lord Krishna was born at this place. Any person coming at this place gets great religious satisfaction. Many of the people from Delhi come visit this place and really have some of the relaxing moments gaining great peace of mind.
- This place is one of the very holy cities of India
- The Vrindavan city near Mathura is also having great prominence
Kufri is a very beautiful place in the North near Delhi. Compared to other places, this place is a little long distance from Delhi. However, this place is really amazing as many number of visitors come to this place. The trek loving people come here in big numbers as there are many of the awesome trekking routes. The zoological place located here is also visited by many people. This place is really amazing.
- Skiing is done in many of the places here
- Kufri has more that 150 species of faunal diversity
Agra is a very well-known place in India and many parts of the world. This place is few km long from the Delhi. The Taj Mahal is the most visited place by many of the tourists. Apart from that the Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort have also been attracting many of the tourists. The people of Delhi come here very often to enjoy the beautiful climate and have some moments along with these monuments. Agra is a one of the most visited place by people of Delhi.
- The UNESCO has included the Tāj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpūr Sikrī in World Heritage Sites list, all of which are located in Agra
- Shauripur of Jainism and Runukta of Hinduism has links in Agra
Dehradun happens to be another amazing place nearby Delhi. Located just few km from Delhi, this place has been successful in luring many of the people of Delhi in the weekends. Dehradun has some of the nice picturesque place which are simply mind blowing. People coming here can simply refresh their mind in these beautiful lush green valleys.
- Dehradun is situated between river Ganga and river Yamuna
- Dehradun is also known as the “Counter Magnets”
7. Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is very beautiful place which is situated just 40 km away from Delhi. This happens to be a perfect place for the bird loving person, where they can see many species of birds here. This place is engraved very in the lush green mountain area. Some of the birds here are little cormorant, gray francolin, Indian roller, purple sunbird, black headed ibis, Siberian cranes, common teal, common teal, etc. These birds looks attractive and their chirping also makes many people happy. This is really mind blowing place for the people.
- There are many of the migratory birds coming here from Siberia and other parts of Europe
- The nearby area around Sultanpur is known as “Dhundhoti”.
Haridwar is a very sacred place for Hindus which is located few kilometers from the Delhi. The people in Delhi visit this holy place whenever possible to have some nice peace of mind. The famous Kumbh Mela is also done in the Haridwar pulling many of the people here. There are many of the temples here too, making many of the people very happy. This place definitely makes people very happy.
- This is one of the seven holiest (Sapta Puri) place for Hindus in the world
- The sacred Brahma Kund place is also found in this place
Bharatpur is very wonderful place located around 180 km from the Delhi. This place has some of the beautiful scenarios, which lures many of the people of Delhi . This place is located at the height of 600 ft. The prime attraction of the people coming here is the Keoladeo National Park . This park is rich in floral and faunal diversity. This place definitely comes out as a very nice place for the people coming here.
- Bharatpur is also known as “Lohagarh” and the “Eastern Gateway to Rajasthan”
- The Keoladeo National Park is included in the World Heritage Site
The Mussoorie is a very popular tourist destination in India, which is located around 290 km from the Delhi. This place appears almost like a ‘fairyland’ for the travelers coming here. The place is nicely located in the lush green valleys and Shiwalik ranges, making many of the tourists crazy. This is a perfect place for the trek loving people. Many of the people from Delhi visit here in the holidays.
- This place is also called “Gateway” to Gangotri and Yamnotri
- Nahata Estate, Kempty Falls, Mussoorie Lake, Bhatta Falls are some of the most visited place here.
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!