Image courtesy: Ashish Gaur.
Mumbai being the most developed city and financial capital of India. The people staying here has a very busy schedule. These people have to follow a terrible schedule daily. Sometimes it becomes very hectic for the people and they need some place where they can have some relaxing moments away from city. There are many of the places nearby Mumbai which are worth visiting in holidays and weekends. These places serves really a great destination for relaxing from daily schedule and have some enjoyable moments. Let us look at some of the 10 popular weekend destinations around Mumbai:
Lonavala is one of the very hot destinations of the people in Mumbai. This place is just around 96 km from the Mumbai. This place is visited by many of the trekkers and have some enjoyable moments. The lush green mountains and highly located mountains, easily makes the travelers go crazy. There are many of the affordable resorts too which has made the travelers more comfortable. Apart from Mumbai city, the travelers from Pune city too come here on weekends, as this place is around same distance from both cities.
- There are some of the attractive spots here like Korigad Fort, Tiger’s Leap, Bushy Dam, Pavna Lake and many more
- The word Lonavala is derived from “Len” means carved from stone and “Avali” means series
2. Malshej Ghat
This is one of the mind blowing places around Mumbai. Malshej Ghat is around 150 km away from Mumbai. The Malshej Ghats has very massive hills with green cover seen from all around. During the monsoon season, this place looks more wonderful where one can easily see many of the swift flowing waterfalls all around. Malshej Ghat really gives a relaxing effect to many of the tourists coming here.
- This place has a varied floral and faunal diversity
- The height of Malshej Ghat is around 700 mts high
Panchagani is comparatively at a larger distance from the Mumbai around 245 km away. However, this place is really very awesome which is visited by many of the tourists. This regions has five major hills surrounding it. The lush green vegetation along this area is very beautiful. Many of the families from nearby areas and Mumbai do visit Panchgani to have some memorable experience.
- Some of the attractive spots in Panchagani are Table Land, Sydney Point, Kate’s Point, Parsi Point and many more places
- Panchagani is well-known for cultivation of strawberries
Kamshet is another good weekend destination for the people of Mumbai. This place has some very beautiful mountains perfectly suited for the trekking. Another specialty regarding this places is that, one can enjoy the paragliding here. Many people have the exciting paragliding experience here. Apart from this, there are some of the sunflower fields too which looks very attractive.
- Some of the attractive points here are Bhedsa caves, Bhairi caves, Pavana lake, Shinde wadi hills and many more
- Tourists from all around the place come here
Igatpuri is a very nice destination for the people of Mumbai which offers some of the picturesque view for the tourists. Igatpuri is located around 130 km from Mumbai. This place is engraved in the beautiful green mountains. One can see some of the romantic walks along with their partners. Many of the trek loving people visit this place and have some of the nice trekking routes. This place has also got prominence for the meditation, as Vipassana meditation is done here.
- Tringalwadi Fort, Kalsubai peak, Bhatsa River Valley and Amruteshwar Temple are some of the attractive spots here
- Igatpuri is located around 600 metres in height
Khandala is really a very sweet destinations which is located very near to Lonavala. Khandala has some of the astonishing trekking routes which gives tremendous pleasure to the people visiting here. There many deep valleys, mind blowing waterfalls where one can visit here and have some good moments. Recently Khandala has emerged out to be really a very nice hill station for the people in Mumbai.
- Some of the hot spots here are Duke’s Nose, Amrutanjan Point, Karla and Bhaja Cave
- It is very convenient to go by trains and roads through Mumbai-Pune Expressway here
7. Adlabs Imagica
Adlabs Imagica is another nice weekend destinations around Mumbai. This is a fun and entertaining place around Mumbai, situated near the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. This amusement park is perfectly suited for the families with children, friend groups, etc. One can enjoy the water park along different sports like basket ball, artificial climbing rocky mountains and many more sports. This place will definitely refresh the minds of the people visiting here.
- This place is located relatively equal distance from important cities like Mumbai and Pune
- Recently this place has seen considerable increase in the visitors
Alibag is a very amazing place for enjoying the weekends around Mumbai. Alibag is well-known for its vast beaches which is just 95 km away from Mumbai. The beaches here look really nice and the people can enjoy the beautiful large waves coming on the shores. The sand on this beach is very smooth giving some extra excitement to play some sports like volleyball, badminton and many more. This place really refreshes ones mind.
- People can even visit this place with the ferry from Gateway of India
- The name Alibag is derived from a rich man named “Ali”, who used to stay here
9. Karnala Bird Sanctuary
Karnala Bird Sanctuary is a beautiful destination located near Mumbai. This place is around 60km away from Mumbai. This place is located around lovely forest area. One can see different species of birds here. Many of the birds which you can rarely find in other parts of India can be easily seen here. Apart from that one can have some romantic walk in the rose gardens. There are many of the beautiful botanical gardens here.
- This place has more than 170 species of birds
- This place is best visited between the months of October to April
10. Raigad Fort
Raigad Fort is a lovely weekend destination around Mumbai, located just few kilometers near Mumbai. This massive fort was the capital of the Maratha empire during great King Shivaji regime. This fort is located at a height of 2700 feet above sea level. It is exciting to watch the nearby areas from the top of this fort. This is really a great wonderful fort.
- This fort has around 1737 stairs to walk
- Many of the tourists from nearby areas visit this place
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!