Image courtesy: Wasim Raja.
Jharkhand is a beautiful, culturally rich state in the Eastern side of India. The state is famous for its mineral resources. The state has some of the awesome mountains, waterfalls, holy shrines and many of the places which are worth visiting for the tourists. The state also has a wondeful set of floral and fauna diversity. There are many of the places in Jharkhand which are visited by many of the tourists in large numbers. Let us see 10 best places to visit in Jharkhand:
Ranchi happens to be one of the very developed and beautiful city in the Jharkhand. Apart from being the capital of the Jharkhand state, the Ranchi city also has some of the beautiful tourists spots. The city has some wonderful waterfalls like Dassam Falls, Hundru Falls, Paanch Gagh Falls, etc. The Pahari Mandir is visited by many of the tourists. The Jagannathpur Temple is a very important temple here.
- Ranchi is also called as the “City of Waterfalls”
- Ranchi has been selected as one of the smart cities in India.
Netharhat is a very popular hill station in the Jharkhand. The place is located very beautifully in the green mountains which really looks fabulous. This place also has some of the wonderful waterfalls. The sunrise and sunset looks very glorious from this place. Many of the tourists do visit this place in large numbers.
- Netharhat is also called as the “Queen of Chota Nagpur”
- The Koel View Point is the most visited place by tourists in Netharhat
Jamshedpur is a very large city in the Jharkhand. The first Iron and Steel company of India was set up by the Jamshetji Tata in Jamshedpur. Many of the tourist come here to watch the company. Apart from this, the city is also endowed with nice natural beauty. You can easily see the lush green nature in most of the region. The tourists can also visit some of the smaller lakes situated along the fringes of the city.
- Jamshhedpur is also known as the “Steel City of India”
- The name Jamshedpur is given in honor of the businessman Jamshetji Tata
The Hazaribagh is well-known hill station in the Jharkhand. This hill station is located very nicely in a green mountainous area. The cool and pleasant Hazribagh lake situated here is also one of the main attractions here. The tourists have some of the very enjoyable moments here.
- The Barso Pani Cave is an attractive destination here
- The meaning of the name Hazaribagh means 1000 “hazari” and grounds “bagh”
Bokaro is a nicely developed town in the Jharkhand. The town has some very nice deposits of coal. This place also has many of the natural sites which has been luring many of the tourists. The Bokaro steel plant is another site here, which is really worth watching. Many of the tourists have some wonderful moments here.
- Bokaro has large number of coal deposits widespread area
- Gayatri Mandir is a very famous temple here
The Ghatshila is a very popular hill station in the Jharkhand. This hill station is located very beautifully in the Subarnarekha river. The nature loving people will definitely like visiting this place. The Burudi dam situated near this hill station is liked by many of the tourists. The tourists coming to Jharkhand surely do visit this wonderful hill station in here.
- The Dharagiri Falls is a very adventurous spot here
- The winter season is the best season to visit the Ghatshila spot
Deoghar is a religious place in the Jharkhand, where you can find many of the temples. The Baba Baidyanath temple located in Deoghar is a very popular temple in whole India. Many of the devotees come to visit this place from distances. Apart from this, the location of this place is also very beautiful where big green forests area easy makes your mind happy. The tourists have very enjoyable moments in this place.
- Jaisar Children’s Park located in this place is a nice amusement place fot the children
- Deoghar is also popular with name as “Baidyanath Dham”
The Giridh town is situated very beautifully in the mountainous region. The lush green forests and attractive natural scenarios are liked by many of the tourists coming here. In Giridh town, you will find many of the temples which has made the town a really religious place. The place has also become the center of the Indian Statistical Institute.
- This Giridh was earlier included in Hazaribagh town, now it is its own city
- The Usri Fall is a very adventutous spot to visit here
The Dhanbad happens to be one of the well-developed cities in the Jharkhand. This place has some nice deposits of coal mines. This place has very few hill and picturesque places to visit. However, one can find here various different markets in this place. Many of the different types of clothes and apparels are available in this city. This place is well connected by the railway network.
- Dhanbad is also called as the “Coal Capital of India”
- The Maithon Dam is very wonderful dam in the Dhanbad
The Sahibganj is a very attractive place to visit in Jharkhand. The dense forest offers some nice opportunity for the trek loving people in Jharkhand. The view of river Ganga is visited by many of the tourists coming here.This is one of the cosmopolitan place as many of the people from neighboring state are earning their livelihood. The tourist really like visiting this place as the there are many of the picturesque places.
- The Moti Waterfall is a very attractive place in Sahibganj
- The name Sahibganj is given as many of the English people used to work here during British India period
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!