Image courtesy: umesh ahuja.
Chhattisgarh is one of the fast developing states lying in the central mainland of India. A considerable amount of the electricity and steel is being produced in the state which is supplied in many parts of India. Chhattisgarh has emerged out to be a very nice destination for the tourists. The state has some of the very wonderful waterfalls, plateaus, monuments and many other things that lures many of the tourists form all over the world. Let us see some of the 10 best places to visit in Chhattisgarh:
1. Kawardha Palace
The Kawardha Palace is spread over a large area of land of about 11 acres is a very lush green area. This palace looks very royal and it appears very amazing from a long distance. The interior of the palace is wonderful which is made of stones and marbles. The architecture of the palace is inspired with the Italian and Mughal style. This palace really pleases many of the tourists.
- The palace is located at the height of 941 meters above the sea level
- This palace is built by Maharaja Dharamraj Singh
The Bilaspur city is a very adorable place to visit in Chhattisgarh. This place is blessed with some of the nice scenic beauties with hills and forests. One can find some of the ancient forts which are very nice in the architecture. The bubble island is visited by many of the tourists here for the amusement. The origination of river Sone from Sonmuda place, fascinates many of the tourists.
- “Deorani-Jethani” temple is very famous in Talagram region here
- Kabir Chobutara is a very important place for many of the saints
3. Kailash And Kutumsar Caves
The Kailash and Kutmsar Caves is a very large cave situated in a very dense forest area. This cave was not known to anybody and is discovered recently. The cave can give a very thrilling experience for the tourists. The stalactites and stalagmites in the caves looks very wonderful. However, restrictions are put to go beyond a certain limit in the caves due to less oxygen. This is really a fascinating cave.
- This is one of the recently discovered cave in 1993 year
- Kailash and Kotumsar Caves is the second longest natural caves in the world
Ambikapur is a nice city in the Chhattisgarh state. The city is one of the developed city in the state. There are different educational institutes, industries and some of the attractive places here. Here one can see a very nice network of transportation, where the people can easily go to different locations easily.
- The name Ambika is derieved from the Hindu goddess Ambika Devi
- This is the largest city in the Chhattisgarh state.
5. Gadiya Mountain
Gadiya Mountain happens to be an exclusive place for many of the tourists. The mountain is located at a very nice height. The lush green forest and the winding roads running through the mountain mesmerizes many of the tourists. The festival of Mahashivratri is celebrated with great enthusiasm here, where many of the people come in more numbers.
- The Kandra dynasty had their capital in the Gadiya Mountain
- The water tank here is believed to be never dried
6. Chitrakot Waterfall
The Chitrakot Waterfall is a very amazing places which the tourists should never miss visiting here. The waterfall has really a spectacular view, where the water can be seen falling from a big height. The view of this waterfall looks really great. Many of the tourist do visit this waterfall to have some enjoyable moments.
- The Chitrakot Waterfalls is also popularly known as “Niagara Falls of India”
- The height of the waterfall is 96 feet
The Kanker region is located very nicely in the foothills area. The lush green forest, swift flowing rivers easily makes many of the tourist to feel good. One can really enjoy the beauty of nature in this region. The Kanker Palace is another attractive place visited by many of the tourists. The Sai temple near the Shitlapara is visited by many tourist coming here.
- The Kanker Palace was earlier known as Radhanivas Bagicha
- Here Wood Carvings and the Bamboo items are found in plenty
8. Maitri Bagh
The Maitri Bagh park was built by Bhilai Steel plant. This garden shows the friendly relations between Russia and India. This park has proved to be one of the main picnic spot for the people living nearby. Tourists coming from outside are also attracted to this park. The beautiful gardens and adorable gardens are really very wonderful. The boating facility provided in the lake is a very unforgettable pleasing experience.
- Maitri Bagh garden is the biggest garden in the Chhattisgarh
- This garden is spread across 111 acres of land
The Datewada is well-known for the popular Dateshwari Temple here. The Dantewada is one of the fifty-two sacred Shakti Peethas, which has made many of the tourists visit here in large numbers. The town itself is named after the Goddess Danteshwari. There are many of the scenic beauty places here which are really worth visiting.
- Rivers like Shabhari, Godavari and Indravati flows through this region
- The hill tops of Kailash Nagar and Aakash Nagar are famous here
10. Rajpuri Waterfall
The Rajpuri Waterfall is a very fantastic place. The water flows very gently from top of the lush green forests, luring many of the tourists to come in. The tourists come in large numbers in the initial days of rains. The rich natural beauty looks very exotic in this region. This waterfall has seen a sizable increase in the number of tourists.
- There are many of the tribal villages nearby this waterfall
- This place is around 3 km away from Bagicha district
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!