Image courtesy: Travelling Slacker.
Uttarakhand is referred to as ‘Dev Bhumi’ which means the land of gods. Also, it is the land of best hill stations. The state is the true paradise for adventure and trek lovers. Uttarakhand houses Nanda Devi which is the second highest mountain in India. People from all over the globe love visiting Uttarakhand as it is the host to adventure and spiritual tourism.
1. Roopkund Trek
The trek to Roopkund lake is extremely adventurous. This lake is also known as Skeleton Lake- a mysterious glacier lake; which is quite famous for the unsolved mystery. When the snow melts, the unknown human bones and skeletons are visible at the bottom of it. The trek is on a high altitude and it can be an average to the challenging route.
- Roopkund trek is at the altitude of 4463 m
- More information about Skeleton lake and trek route
2. Kuari Pass Trek
It is also popular as Curzon’s Trail because it is believed to be first covered by Lord Curzon. The trek offers mesmerizing views of the famous peaks such as Gauri Parvat, Nanda Devi, Neelkanth, Kedarnath and many others. The visitors also get to enjoy the walk in the thick forests of bamboo, oak, birch and conifer. So, the trek is perfect to enjoy and feel the nature’s beauty.
- Kuari Pass Trek is an easy trek so it is just perfect for novices.
- The trek can be covered in 10 to 12 days.
3. Rupin Pass Trek
An adventurous route through the glacier, rocks, wooden bridges, mesmerizing rivers, dense Deodar forests and snow covered fields are the things that describe Rupin Pass Trek. It is also a high altitude trek which is around 4600m above sea level. If you want to escape in the beauty of nature then this trek is perfect for you.
- It is an average trek but sometimes the snow intensity can make it a difficult one
- Rupin Pass Trek can be covered in 10 to 15 days
4. Har Ki Dun Trek
Har Ki Dun Trek is lying at the altitude of around 3500m in Garhwal Himalayas. The trekkers enjoy panoramic peak views and calm walk in dense forests. It is believed to be a place from where the Pandava brothers left to heaven so Har Ki Dun has a great sacred significance among Hindus.
- Har Ki Dun is an easy to moderate trek
- It can be covered in 8 to 10 days
5. Bali Pass Trek
The Bali Pass Trek is a well-known trek to Yamunotri which is the emanation point of pious river Yamuna. The trek is inboard the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary which is endowed with flora and fauna. Amidst the trek trail there are beautiful exotic views of rivers, mountains, trees and wildlife.
- It is situated at the high altitude of 4800m and is a moderate trek
- It can be covered in 12 to 15 days
6. Chopta-Chandrashila Trek
If you are looking for perfect trails for trekking in winter then Chopta to Chandrashila trek is right for you. The charming views amidst the trail are definitely worth all the efforts and hard-work. The trek begins from Ukhimath and trekkers arrive village Chopta through Deoria Tal. Then the trek continues to miraculous Chandrashila summit via Tugnath that is the main base camp of this trek route.
- It is at the high altitude of around 5000m above sea level
- It can be covered in 6 to 8 days
7. Pindari Glacier Trek
Referred to as “Soul of Kumaon”, the Pindari Glacier Trek has always stolen the hearts of trek lovers. You get the experience of being in the universe of splendid glaciers as it is housed between Nanda Devi and Nanda Kot peaks. The beautiful views of colorific blooms, the dense forests, exotic mountains, the mesmerizing sounds of drifting rivers and picturesque waterfalls, it is all that the trek has to offer to nature lovers.
- The trek is housed at the altitude of about 4200m above sea level
- The duration of this trek is 8 to 12 days
8. Valley of Flowers Trek
Valley of Flowers Trek is the paradise for nature admirers. There are sleek trails and terrains throughout the trek that offer the sublime views of wildflowers that you might have never seen before. The splendid aroma of colorful blooms will help you get over your stress that will help you revel nature’s beauty and forget everything.
- An easy trek, so it is perfect for novices
- The duration of Valley of Flowers Trek is 6 to 8 days
9. Dayara Bugyal–Dodital Trek
Dayara Bugyal–Dodital Trek is perfect for the people that seek the opportunities for trekking and skiing at the very same time. In the winter season this trek route is entirely covered with snow that lets you enjoy the adventures of skiing and trekking. You embark on the trek through Barsu and Barnala Bugyal that continues to climbing journey above Barnala ridge then you walk amidst the trails of thick forests to Nimdhar and finally arrive at Dodital where you can enjoy mesmerizing scenes.
- The trek is located above 4150 sea level and is a moderate to tough route
- You can cover it in 8 to 10 days
10. Kedartal Trek
The trek begins from Gangotri to Kedarnath and Bhoj Kharak which takes you to Kedartal. Majestic nature, glacial lakes, snow capped mountain views and wonderful serenity are a few things that define this gorgeous trek. You can also see rare wild animals too at Kedartal. If you love picturesque natural beauty and want to relax your mind then this is just perfect trek for you.
- The trek is at the altitude of around 4900 m
- It is a moderate trek but can turn out to be a tough one and can be covered in 9 to 10 days
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!