Image courtesy: Richard Bogle.
The mountainous area of Sikkim is one of the best destinations for the trek loving people. The topography of Sikkim includes scenic beauties, attractive mountains, beautiful slopes, etc. All these factors are one of the favorites of many of the trekkers. The trekkers have very nice moments here and they really like coming here every year. You can find many of the trekking routes in the Sikkim. However, there are some of the top trekking routes which are really fabulous which can give great pleasure.
Lets see some of the 10 popular trekking routes in Sikkim:
1. Sandakphu Trek
The Sandhakphu trek is one of the best trek in the Sikkim. The entire trek takes around 5 to 6 days to complete as the mountains here are very vast and dense. Once you go in to the highest point here you can have a very nice panoramic view of the surrounding region. The autumn season is the best time for viewing the lush green mountains in its full beauty.
- The trekkers can have some rest in some of the villages that fall in the route
- At the highest point, you can easily view the Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, Mount Everest and Makalu
2. Goecha La Trek
The Goecha La Trek is one of the very popular trek in the Sikkim. The height of the Goecha La Trek is about 16.207 ft. The trekkers can experience some of the beautiful landscape and wonderful experience while trekking. However, due to the extreme weather conditions, it is suggested that it should be done by only experienced trekkers. The beautiful orchids are really mind catching here.
- The view of the Mt.Kanchenjunga can be easily viewed from this mountain
- As this trek is considered to be a little difficult, it is recommended that a medical check up should be done before starting the trek
3. Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
The Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is a wonderful trekking route. While doing the trekking here one can see the beautiful floral diversity with different plants. Various different species of the birds are really very marvelous. The base of this trek is very wonderful and it is liked by many of the trekkers. One can even view beautiful dwarf shrubs here.
- The view of the mountains like Thangsing, Tshoka, Kokchorung, etc. are very easily view able
- The travelers coming here should definitely do the medical check up
4. Tosar Lake Trek
The Tosar Lake is located beautifully between Chola Range and Mangan Ridge. The trek here begins from the Naksuk. Once the trekkers move ahead they can easily view the floral and the faunal diversity found in the way. The fabulous broad leaved species, soggy temperate forest and bamboos really attracts the minds of many trekkers.
- The local people here consider this trek as sacred and they worship it
- Different species of birds can be found here
5. Singalila Trek
This is one of the picturesque location which looks very attractive. This trek is having very beautiful forests, valleys and tea gardens. The group trekking people really like enjoying this journey, as they can see beautiful trees surrounding and the sweet voice of birds enchants them. This route is well connected with the neighboring country of Nepal. This trek is really an enjoyable experience.
- The Oak trees are in abundance in this route
- This trek route is also called as Uttarey Chewabhangyang Trek
6. Dzongri Trek
The Dzongri trek is famous trek in the Sikkim. The scenic beauty of the Dzongri Trek has always attracted many of the tourists here. The vegetation, flowers and lush valleys have always attracted many of the trek loving people here. The beautiful landscape in this trek easily catches the attention of any person. The trek lovers really enjoy trekking here.
- This location is situated at an height of more than 4000 metres
- This is one of the ideal treks for the new comers
7. Rhododendron Trek
The Rhododendron is an outstanding trek route for many of the people who like trekking. The scenery beauty around this trek is very fantastic, with beautiful flowers and green lush vegetation seen all around. Another peculiarity regarding this trek is that, one can easily plan for the medium and high altitude treks here.
- This trek is considered as one of the easiest hiking in the Sikkim
- The range of Kanchenjunga can be easily viewed from the top here
8. Varsey Trek
The Varsey trek is an amazing trek route which is filled with very nice beauty around. While trekking one can easily see the pink and red rhododendrons. The slopes, valleys and green vegetation around this trek looks very thrilling. The variety if floral faunal diversity alongside gives great pleasure to the trekkers. The trekker really enjoy going on this route.
- The height of this trek is around 3300 meters
- This trek is located around Indo-Nepal border
9. Everest Singalila Trek
The Everest Sangalila Trek is a wonderful trekking route, where many of trek loving people do visit here every year. The high dense forest and the beautiful ways for the treks makes this trek very sophisticated. Different variety of trees are found here. The trekkers can easily carry a little heavy bags on this trek as the slope here are a little medium steep.
- This trek covers the Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary
- Different birds like Himalayan Monal, Parrotbill, Tits, Laughing Thrushes and many more can be easily seen here
10. Green Lake Trek
The Green Lake Trek is another fabulous trek which is liked by many of the trek lovers. This trek has one of the wonderful biodiversity with mesmerizing mountains and lush green all around. Its amazing to watch the variety if birds mingling around the trees. This is really one of the worth visiting trek route.
- The Kanchenjunga peak can be easily seen from the top of this mountain
- The trek is having the altitude of more than 5000 meters
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!