Image courtesy: Abhijit Kar Gupta.
Uttarakhand is among the most beautiful states in India. It is located at foothills of Himalayas and is housing over 50 hill stations that are worth visiting once in a lifetime. These hill stations make Uttarakhand a perfect summer tourism points to relax and enjoy beautiful nature with your loved ones. Let us see top 10 Uttarakhand Hill stations that you must visit:
Mussoorie is one of the prettiest hill spots in India and is also known as ‘Queen of Hills’. Enchanted hills covered with snow blow tourists’ minds and you can see nature’s beauty at best in Mussoorie. It is perfect for the activities like Hiking, camping and sightseeing. Lal Tibba, Kempty Falls, Gun Hill and camel’s back road are popular places in Mussoorie.
- Mussoorie wildlife bird sanctuary serves as the best night camping place
- Bike tours are also popular in Mussoorie
The beautiful hill station- Nainital, is located in mesmerizing Kumaon region and is blessed with picturesque lakes and glittering hills in the mountains of Himalyas. Nainital is also referred to as city of lakes and is a paradise for lovers of nature. It is among one of the most preferred honeymoon locations in India.
- The ‘Naini Lake’ offers enthralling views and it is surrounded with hills on all sides.
- Editor’s Tip: Enjoy nature at Club 10 Pine lodge, Mukteshwar
Auli is considered to be one of the best skiing slopes worldwide and is the perfect destination for winter season and offers a variety of activities to tourists. Trekking is another option for tourists as there are many trekking routes over there. Auli is fenced by beautiful coniferous and oak forests with charming views of Mountains of Himalayas.
- The annual skiing festival is also organized in Auli to attract more tourists
- Best time to visit Auli
With pleasant sky high mountain views, Munsiyari is the top tourist attraction in the state of Uttarakhand. Bike trip to Munsiyari is a must if you love mountain motorbiking. This hill station is popular for the picturesque scenes of Panchachuli that is a group of five snow-capped Himalayan peaks. The hill spot offers a lot of other activities too like bird watching, shopping and trekking etc.
- Munsiyari is located at the height of 7380 Feet above Sea Level
- Best places to visit in Munsiyari
Chaukori is another beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand that offers mesmerizing scenes and perfect atmosphere that help you detox your mind and soul. The scenic beauty of mountains will blow your mind. Along with Chaukori sightseeing there are some popular religious places too. Tourists from all over the world visit here to enjoy their vacations.
Situated in the lap of Himalayas, Ranikhet is a gorgeous Hill station and is surely the paradise of Uttarakhand. It is a perfect summer vacation spot for families as well as couples. Ranikhet is housing a lot of sightseeing locations that offer tempting Sunset and sunrise scenes. The scenic view of Trishul Parwat from Ranikhet is definitely the best thing you would ever see.
- Sitalkhet in Ranikhet is one of the prettiest sightseeing locations
- Majkhali is a must visit sightseeing village that is mere 12 KMs away from Ranikhet
The town Dhanaulti is located near Mussoorie and is housed with natural beauty of Himalayan peaks. Heart throbbing attractions make the town extremely popular among the tourists. If you visit in winter, you will get to see snow covered mountain scenes that can make your holiday special and relaxing.
- Eco parks of Amber and Dhara are mesmerizing parks with serene views
- Camping and Bike riding are popular activities to do in Dhanaulti
Lansdowne is one of the most famous hill station that is full of oak and pine forests with alluring scenes of Himalayan peaks. The tranquil environment at his hill station captures attention of tourists from all over the world. Bhulla Lake, Tip N Top and Bhim Pakora are major attractions in Lansdowne.
- Jungle Safari is a must to do thing when you are in Lansdowne
- Lansdowne Arts Festival is a popular fest among locals and tourists as well
Chopta in the state of Uttarakhand, is a go to destination for all kinds of tourists including family, groups and couples. This hill station offers a lot to the tourists including sightseeing, trekking, bird watching along with religious tour. Nearby Chopta locations too offer perfect opportunities to extend your Uttarakhand trip.
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary on Chopta-Gopeshwar road is a popular attraction
- Ukhimath, Kedarnath Mandir and Deoria Tal are worth exploring places nearby Chopta
Chakrata is a cantonment town and is housing many tourist attractions and serene views that will let you enjoy the environmental beauty. Also, the town has beautiful nearby tourist attractions that you can add to your itinerary for a perfect small trip. Tiger Fall is a must visit place in Chakrata.
- Ram Tal Garden, Moigad Fall, Lakhamandal, Chilmiri Neck and Deoban are main attractions to explore
- If you love exploring caves then Budher Caves near Chakrata are perfect for you
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!