Image courtesy: Travelling Slacker.
The state of Arunachal Pradesh is situated in the eastern region of India. The literal meaning of the Arunachal Pradesh is “Land of the Dawn-Lit Mountains”. The state is having many of the diverse culture and traditions. Arunachal Pradesh is being blessed with very beautiful natural beauty, picturesque mountains, wonderful valleys and swift flowing rivers. There are many of the wonderful places that can be visited by the tourists here. However, while traveling here one must keep several points in mind to ensure the safe and enjoying traveling here. So let’s look at some of the 10 travel tips for Arunachal Pradesh:
1. Transportation Facilities
The transportation in Arunachal Pradesh is mainly dependent on the road network. Arunachal Pradesh being located in a hilly area, the railway network is not so well-developed here. Also, the road network is weekly developed in this state. However, when it comes to traveling most of the people here prefer, the state run buses known as Arunachal Pradesh State Transport Services (APSTS). Apart from that the autos and taxis can also be used for the trasportation.
- The APSTS government buses are mostly very particular in time
- It is very difficult to travel in the Arunachal Pradesh in the rainy season
2. Control on Expenses
When you travel in Arunachal Pradesh, you are a little susceptible for the extra expenses which you may not even have calculated.Most of the extra expenses are spent on the things which are not pre-planned like visiting market places, visiting some kind of shows, taking expensive things, etc. So when you come across such a cost, then ensure that you avoid or minimize to extra expenses, which can make your pocket empty.
- Many of the travelers have admitted that they have spend extra expenses, while traveling in Arunachal Pradesh
- Making planned activities for traveling can reduce your cost considerably
3. Protect your wallet
There are some of the places in Arunachal Pradesh, which prone to pick pocketing. Some of the tourists have experienced that their pockets were literally steeled. It is better to be extra cautious while protecting your pocket. It is better that you keep your pockets in the front pocket instead of back pocket.
- Some of the tourists have experienced the wallet being getting lost while travelling
- It is better that you do not keep more cash and important things in the wallet
4. Best season to visit
While planning a tour for Andhra Pradesh, do look for the season in Arunachal Pradesh. The summer season is hot here, the scorching heat may be very unbearable for some of the tourists. Also in rainy season, some regions experience very heavy rainfall. The winter season is the best season to travel here. The people can freely travel and have some nice moments here.
- The temperature in summer season varies between 37 to 41 degrees approximately in Arunachal Pradesh
- The people can travel more hours in winter season, making there tour very enjoyable
5. Careful of military actions
The states like Arunachal Pradesh and few North Eastern Indian states are a little tensed due to the terror activities. The small terror events do occur in Arunachal Pradesh occasionally in some parts. However, there is no need to worry much with regards to this as the military people are strong enough to deal with this. However, the tourists should avoid going in certain disputed places and also coordinate with the military people properly.
- The National Liberation Council of Taniland (NLCT) is the active terror outfit currently operative in Arunachal Pradesh
- Do keep all necessary Id proofs like Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License along with you
6. Authorized travel guide
Some of the places in Arunachal Pradesh are really at very remote places. The travelers many a times feels the problem of getting the proper road while travelling. However, here hiring a better travel agent is always a best idea that one do. The proper travel agent can surely minimize your efforts and make your travelling enjoyable.
- Do hire a proper trusted travel agent which can be worthy for you
- There are many of the short cuts in roads, which are know to the travel agents there properly
7. Carry urgent medicines
Many of the people may be taking some or the other medicines on the regular basis. However, if in some case your medicine are finished or they have been lossed somewhere, you may be required to take new medicines. However, there are very few places in the Arunachal Pradesh, where you can easily get the medicines. So, it is better that you keep that extra pack of the medicines with you, otherwise you may land up in problem.
- The availability of medicine is good only near the city area, while the availability of medicine is less in remote areas
- Many of the tourists had a little difficulty in finding a medical shops in some regions here
8. Respect the local culture
In Arunachal Pradesh, you will come across different types of tribes and different cultures being observed here. Different festivals are celebrated very colorfully and enthusiastically in the Arunachal Pradesh. In various festivals, you can see different group activities like praying, singing, dancing and paying gratitude in Arunachal Pradesh. The tourist should never disrespect the local culture and try to give whole hearted respect to the local culture here.
- The different tribes of people living in Arunachal Pradesh are Bori, Tagins, Adi, Apatani, Galo, etc.
- Different other festival celebrated here are Siang River Festival, Pangsau Pass Winter Festival, Ziro Festival of Music, Solung, etc.
9. Avoid going alone at unknown places
There are some of the places in Arunachal Pradesh which may not be safe for the tourists. Some of the local thugs and robbers may try to rob the tourists in remote areas. Also, there are some of the routes which are difficult to make out for a newcomer. So, it is always advisable that you should not travel alone in the Arunachal Pradesh, always be with someone or groups.
- Many of the tourists have experienced of forgetting their way and got in trouble
- The security in Arunachal Pradesh has ensured much of the security for the people here
10. Keep your belongings safe
When you travel is Arunachal Pradesh do take the proper care of your bags and other valuables. It is advisable that whichever hotel you stay, do double check whether the room is locked while you go outside. Some people had lost their bags due their negligence. Also, while travelling do have a proper watch on your bags and your other belongings.
- Some of the tourists have experienced the loss of their bags due to their negligence
- Locking your bags is always advisable when you travel
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!