Image courtesy: Swaminathan
Bengaluru is a cosmopolitan city inviting tourists from all over the world. Bengaluru also happens to be the third most populous city in the world. This city has been attracting many of the tourists here since long time. The city is also called the “Garden City of India”, which is having beautiful and large gardens making every tourist feel better. Many of the tourist like visiting this place again and again. Traveling in Bengaluru is indeed a pleasant experience. However, one must avoid certain things doing in Bengaluru, otherwise they may face certain problems.
Here, we will see some 10 things to avoid in Bengaluru:
1. Eating in any hotel
In Bengaluru, you can find many of the options for the hotels. However, do not choose any of the hotels randomly, as many of the hotels are full of the South Indian dishes. Many of the other dishes are also having a South Indian dishes. Indeed the South Indian dishes are tasty, however some people coming from outside may not be having used to it. So, in this case do search for a hotel where you can have a food of your choice.
- “Udipi” hotel is the most popular hotels in the Bengaluru city
- The food cost of some of the hotels are little high
2. Let the rickshaw drivers overcharge you
The Bengaluru being a big city, it is well-connected with the roads. Many of the people use rickshaw for traveling from one place to another place. Most of the rickshaw are nice. In case of outside traveler traveling in Bengaluru, many of the rickshaw drivers tend to overcharge them. It is not just single driver, if you ask 10 random rickshaw drivers regarding traveling to a particular destination, nearly 7 out of 10 drivers will overcharge you than the normal charges.
- Rickshaw is one of the most convenient and comfortable way of traveling from a location to the destination
- Many of the travelers from outside Bengaluru had the experience of overcharging done by the rickshaw drivers.
3. Visiting unknown places alone
There are some of the places in Bengaluru, which is having some tedious and crowdy roads. The tourists should avoid going in these places as it is difficult to find the way once you have lost the way while traveling. In this case, only the local person or the known person can guide you to a proper road. Also, some places are little dangerous from the safety point of view. So, do avoid roaming lonely in different places in Bengaluru.
- The Malleswaram market is the most crowdyed market, which is having some of the tricky and tedious roads
- Many of the tourist from outside had a bad experience while traveling in Bengaluru
4. Disrespect the Kannada language
The major language spoken in the Bengaluru is the Kannada. The Kannada language is one of the oldest language in India. However, when the travelers from outside comes to Bengaluru and he is not having the knowledge of Kannada language then they may have a little difficulty, as most of the people speak in Kannada and sign boards are also in same Kannada language. However, do not get frustrated on this and do not disrespect the language as the sentiments of people may get hurt. The kannada speaking people are nice, they will surely assist you.
- Most of the people do not know the Hindi or English in Bengaluru, they only known Kannada
- Most of the staff in hotel has now a days well acquainted with Hindi language
5. Talking bad about the Kannada movies
The people in Bengaluru are the great fan of the Kannada movies. Many of the Kannada movies have been released till now. The movies like Bangarada Manushya, Milana, Mungaru Male, Arasu, etc. are well-known to many people. Please be careful while talking regarding the movies and the stars in it, as many of the people are great fans.Any person saying bad regarding this movies may have to face the anger of the people. So, be careful with regards to this.
- There have been some incident where outside travelers who had said bad regarding this had to face the anger of people.
- Many of the Kannada movies are really nice and worth watching
6. Making public places dirty
Bengaluru is one of the cleanest metropolitan cities in India. The beautiful city of Bengaluru which has always been attracting many tourist, is known for its relatively clean environment. The slum regions are very less in the Bengaluru as compared to the other cities. The people in Bengaluru do show a nice civics sense of throwing the waste and dirt material in dustbins. No person in Bengaluru will like any person to pollute the public places. So, do not pollute this beautiful city.
- The Bengaluru city has always been on the Top 10 rankings in many surveys of clean city
- The slum areas in Bengaluru is very less as compared to the other metropolitan cities in India
7. Not taking Id proofs
Bengaluru being an commercially important city. There are constant check ups happening here due to the security reasons. If you do not carry any of the necessary Id Proof then you may have to face problems and you may be unnecessary questioned. So it is always better for the tourists that they do carry necessary Id proof along with them.
- The Pan Card, Aadhar Card and Driving License are the best Id porof that one should carry
- Many of the tourists do had faced some problems where they did not carry the necessary Id proof.
8. Taking the wrong bus
The Bengaluru being well connected with the roads, the public transportation is Bengaluru is well-developed. The buses can reach at most of the remotest places in Bengaluru. So, many people do prefer buses to go at a destination. However, one must always take care that one should catch a proper bus otherwise you may land up in a wrong destination which you do not know.
- Many of the tourists had an experience of catching a wrong bus and landing in a wrong place
- The buses are very comforatble means of transportation in Bengaluru
9. Eating any food item
When the tourists are traveling in the Bengaluru, they should avoid eating any of the food item. The well-presentation food items have always tempted many of the people for eating. Some people do try these food item, however it is not always that one like these food or it is digestible. Some people had the problem after eating these food items. So always eat a known food item.
- Some of the tourist had a little problem after eating these different food items
- Idli, Dosa, Sambar, etc. are some of the common food items that you can find in many of the places in Bengaluru
10. New drivers driving in the crowded roads
Many of the roads in the Bengaluru are very crowded with traffic. Many of the tourists really wonder how the people are able to travel through such busy roads. It will be advisable for the tourists in Bengaluru that they do not try to drive on such roads, as you may not be able to able to drive properly. The local people here, have the daily habit of traveling on such crowded roads.
- Some of the roads near the areas of BTM, Marathalli, etc. are very crowded due to traffic in peak hours
- The people in Bengaluru have the habit to drive even in heavy traffic roads
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!