Image courtesy: Vidur Malhotra
Mumbai is a very important city from the financial point of view. Many of the big companies are located in this city. This city is also famous for tourism, as many of the tourist visit Mumbai every year to see some exciting places. There are many of the exciting places in Mumbai, which one can visit and enjoy. However, here we have a list of 10 Best Places to Visit in Mumbai. These places are really very happening and exciting, which people can really enjoy.
1. Gateway of India
Gateway of India is the most important landmark of Mumbai. It is one of the most visited places for tourists in Mumbai. This monument is in the south of Mumbai and along the sea coast of Mumbai. Tourists can even visit the nearby Elephanta Caves through boat services near Gateway Of India.
- Gateway of India was built by Britishers, to commemorate the landing of Queen Mary and King George V
- This monument has suffered three terroists attack, however it is still safe
2. Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Sanjay Gandhi National Park is one of the significant national park, located in the northern part of Mumbai. It comprises around 104 km2 of area. It is very rich in the flora and fauna. It is observed that every year there are more than 2 million visitors visiting this place.
- This park also has 2400-year-old Kanheri Caves, which is visited by many tourists
- This park has two famous lakes like Tulsi and Vihar lakes
3. Girgaon and Juhu Beach
Girgaum Beach is another fantastic place that one should definitely visit. One can enjoy the seashore, with their dear ones. These beaches have a very delicious food near by. The bhelpuri and panipuri of these beaches are very delicious. The fantastic waves that come along are very eye catching soothing.
- These beaches are very famous place in Mumbai
- The Ganesh Visarjan event in these beaches are very eye catching
4. Mumbai Zoo (Veermata Jijabai Udyan)
Mumbai Zoo is a very nice place to visit in Mumbai. The kid’s are very must excited to visit this place. There are various types of animals and birds here. Different species can be seen in this place. This place is also known as Ranichi Bag (meaning Queen’s Gardens). One needs to buy the tickets before entering the Zoo here.
- The zoo was laid down in 1861, during British India.
- The zoo is spread around the 50 acres of land
5. Siddhivinayak Temple
Siddhivinayak is the best places to visit in Mumbai. This is a temple of the Lord Ganesh, which is being visited by many of the people daily. This temple is very crowded on Tuesday’s. Visiting this place really gives calm and delightness to many people. This place is located in the central part of Mumbai, which can be visited by any people.
- The inner portion of the temple’s roof is plated with gold
- Many Bollywood actors visit this temple
Mantralaya is a very eye catching place in Mumbai. It is administrative headquarters of the state government of Maharashtra. All the representative of assembly elections sit here to discuss public issues. Mantralaya has a very attractive carvings and really worth visiting this place.
- This place looks more beautiful in night, with designing lighting.
- Mantralaya was earlier known as “Sachivalaya”
7. Hanging Gardens
Hanging Gardens is a very amazing garden in Mumbai. It is spread over a wide area and is located at a high area. This garden lies in the south of Mumbai. Many of the people visit this place with their kids. The kids really enjoy this garden significantly. Many foreign tourists like to visit this garden frequently.
- This garden was earlier known as Pherozeshah Mehta garden
- The garden was laid out in the year 1881 AD
8. Nehru Planetarium
Nehru Planetarium is a very nice place to visit. This place is one of the best places to visit for school and college students. Various scientific and astronomically important things can be found here. Many people visit this place from long distances. Is location near the sea coast makes it more attractive.
- The design and structure of this planetarium is very attractive and awesome
- There are frequent visit of students from schools and colleges here
9. Dhobi Ghat
Dhobi Ghat is another best place to visit in Mumbai. It is very wide place where many of the clothes been washed from the laundries in Mumbai. Hardly such a place can be found in any other parts of India.
- Many of the clothes are washed here daily
- Many Bollywood scenes are done at this location
10. Jogger’s Park
Jogger’s Park is a well-known jogging track near the sea coast of Mumbai. Many of the people visit this place daily. The location near the sea is a very significant thing regarding this Jogger’s Park
- This is the one of the best place to do jogging in Mumbai
- This is located in high profile Bandra area
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!