Image courtesy: PlaneMad
Chennai is one of the main cities in India. It is the capital of Tamil Nadu state and important commercial center in the South India. Chennai is also rich in classical music and classical dance. The Bharatnatyam, which is one of the classical dance is also more predominant in Chennai. Many of the tourists do visit Chennai for the tourism purpose. However, while travelling is Chennai it is very necessary that one should follow certain tips which will ensure the sophisticated travelling in Chennai. These tips have helped many of the travelers visiting in the Chennai city. Let us now see some of the 10 travel tips for Chennai:
The Chennai is a beautiful place to travel. However, while travelling one must be well-acquainted with the weather of the Chennai. Usually the climate is hot and humid in normal days. One can expect the rains with low to high level in the city during rainy season. People travelling in Chennai should be well prepared for any type of weather by taking caps and umbrella’s whichever is necessary.
- In the month of November and December, the Chennai city receives rains and sometimes cyclone is experienced of low level
- The weather information can be taken form local newspaper or related websites there
2. Respect local culture
Chennai is rich in the culture. Many of the classical musics and dances are well-appreciated here. The local people of Chennai has great respect for the culture here. So, the travelers should also respect the local culture and appreciate the sentiments of the people here. The famous classical dance like Bharatnatyam is played on many of the occasions is Chennai.
- People are also big fan of the movies in Chennai.
- The Chennai people do follow their culture thoroughly in whichever part of the world they go.
3. Consulting reliable travel guide
Chennai is a nice place to travel.However, a person knowing the place can only make the maximum satisfaction of traveling in Chennai. So, if anybody is not having a proper idea regarding Chennai, then hiring a proper travel guy is always advisable. The travel guide can help you to travel properly in Chennai. The language barrier problems can also be easily solved by the travel guide.
- There are many of the options for the proper travel guide in the Chennai.
- Always refer a proper authorized travel guide, because there are many of the thug travel guides in Chennai.
4. Researching on the hotels and type of food
Most of the Chennai hotels serves the South Indian dishes like Idli Sambhar, Dosa, Medu wada, etc. Though these dishes are very delicious, however sometimes the travelers may like to have some other dishes. On these occasions, the travelers may sometimes find difficult is searching such hotels. So, the travelers should get a proper idea regarding the hotels and type of food served there.
- Earlier, most of the Chennai hotels were flooded with the South Indian dishes. However, now one can get many options for the food here
- The dishes of Chennai hotels are really very delicious
5. Carry Id proofs
While travelling in Chennai, it is recommended that the travelers should carry all their identity proofs. There are occasional check ups in the Chennai, from the security point of view. So, a proper identity proof can easily minimize the problems. Chennai is a very beautiful place to travel.
- Many of the tourist do visit this place from various parts of the world.
- The Indian people can also carry their pan cards in the Chennai
6. Carrying mineral water
Many of the people do have problem with the water, whenever they visit the new place. Some people may find the other places water tasteless and they may not be able quench their thirst. So it is very necessary that the travelers should carry the necessary mineral water with them. This will ensure a delightful journey in the Chennai.
- The mineral water is available is plenty in the Chennai city
- People like the coconut water most in the Chennai
7. People knowing Hindi language are very less
One of the most problematic thing what the travelers from the other states coming in Chennai face is regarding the language barrier. There are very few people and few sign boards in Chennai written in Hindi language. Most of the language spoken in this city is tamil. So, people should avoid things which lead to the problem. However, tamil is a sweet language which is likable.
- Apart from Tamil the most spoken language in Chennai is English
- Due to development of IT industries recently here, the number of Hindi speaker are increasing
8. Protect you pocket
While traveling in Chennai, one needs to be beware of the pick pocketing. Many of the people have lost their pockets due to negligence. There are some of the areas in Chennai where the chances of pick pocketing are high. In the heavy crowd areas, one should avoid keeping the pocket in the back pocket. The pocket should be protected properly.
- Sometimes some of the well dressed people also are the pick pocketers, so beware of them
- Do not keep important cards in the pocket
9. Do not pollute the beaches
The beaches in the Chennai are very attractive. The travelers do visit maximum beaches in the Chennai. As these beaches are very clean and calm, most of the people derive great pleasure by visiting this beaches. The small kids have the most attractive time on these beaches. Polluting such beaches is never accepted in Chennai, so one must avoid polluting such beaches.
- Marina beach is the most popular beach in the Chennai
- The beaches in Chennai are very soothing
The travelers in the Chennai should know regarding the transportation facilities in the Chennai. Buses are main source of the public transportation. Apart from that the autos are also another source of public transportation. Nowadays the private cars are convenient for the transportation. Also, one should be aware of the roads where the traffic problems may arise.
- Many of the people prefer public transportation for the short distance travel
- The private transportation is relatively cheaper in here
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!