Image courtesy: Marco Zanferrari
There are many of the interesting things about the Mumbai. One of the most interesting things about the Mumbai is regarding some of the delicious local dishes. There are many of the mouth watering dishes in Mumbai which is being eaten by many of the people. Here, we have a list of some of the 10 popular local dishes in Mumbai. These dishes are really very popular being eaten by many people and are also very popular outside Mumbai.
1. Vada Pav
Vada Pav is a very popular local dishes of Mumbai. This food item consists two items, one is the vada and another is the pav (sweetened bread). The stalls of the vada pav can be seen in many of the streets of the Mumbai. This food item has very good taste with the green chutney and sweet chutney. Vada Pav is also one of the affordable food item in Mumbai.
- Vada Pav is also called as “Indian Burger”
- Jumbo Vada Pav is another new addition in Vada Pav
2. Pani puri
Pani Puri is a very popular local dish in Mumbai. The pani puri consists various items like potato, chickpeas, onion, chutney,etc. One can observe many of the stall of pani puri been flooded by the people. This dish is one of the favorite dishes of women in Mumbai. The taste of the pani puri depends mainly on the tamarind water.
- Pani puri near the beaches are very popular and it tastes deliciously too
- Many of the pani puri dishes are very affordable
Frankie is another local dish from Mumbai, which is liked by many of the people. The frankie consists of maida roti being stuffed with the potatoes and onion fillings. The special frankie sauce makes it more delicious. These frankie’s are very tasty. This dish can be seen in many of the streets of Mumbai.
- New versions of Jain frankie and chinese frankie is gaining more popularity
- The cost of these frankies varies as per the types of frankie’s
4. Bhel puri
Any list of popular local dishes in Mumbai, will be incomplete without the inclusion of dish of Bhel puri. It is a well-known snack type of dish made out of tamarind sauce, vegetable and puffed rice. The taste of this dish is very delicious and has very nice smell. Many youngsters are crazy for Bhel Puri in Mumbai.
- Girgaum and Juhu beach is a very destination for Bhel Puri
- Sev Puri and Paapdi chaat are another variants of Bhel Puri
5. Pav bhaji
Pav bhaji is a favorite food of many of the people from Mumbai. It is the favorite food during the afternoon period to quench the appetite. It consists of mix of vegetable which is like spicy curry (bhaji) and buttered bread (pav). One can eat as many pav as he wants. Many of the people of different age groups likes to eat this dish.
- The bhaaji of this dish consists of different things like potatoes, tomatoes, etc.
- Apart from stalls, pav bhaaji is also found in small and big hotels
Kebabs is another mouth watering local dish for non vegetarians in Mumbai. The non vegetarians likes to eat these kebabs with the delicious spicy tastes. This dish is famous in India as well as outside of Mumbai. Many of the people in Mumbai can be seen visiting the kebabs center in Mumbai.
- There are two types of kebabs, doner kebabs and shish kebabs
- Word kebab is originally Arabian word meaning “grilling”
Sandwich is a very delicious and attractive dish from Mumbai. This dish is known to most of the people. This dish consists of two sliced bread stuffed with different vegetable items. The tomato sauce added to the sandwich makes it very tasty. There are various variations in the sandwich like toast sandwich, grilled sandwich, cheese sandwich and many more.
- Sandwich is one of the best non-oil dish
- Many of the younger people are crazy for this local dish
Dosa is a well-known dish for many of the people of Mumbai. This dish is particularly originate in South of India, however it is now eaten in all the parts of the India. Many of people from Mumbai can be seen eating this dish in corners of different streets. This dish has become the breakfast of many of the people from Mumbai
- There are many variants of Dosa like Masala Dosa, Rava Dosa, etc.
- The sambhar and chutney is very essential part of Dosa
9. Kheema Pav
Kheema Pav is another favorite food of many of the non veg eating people from Mumbai. This dish consists of pav and minced meat made with stuffed spicy dish. Many of the people do like to have Kheema dish on various party occasions. This is a very heavy food which can quench the appetite.
- Kheema Pav is a very favorite dish in Mumbai and all over India
- Road side stalls are very good for delicious Kheema pav
10. Channa bhatura
Channa Bhatura is very nice local dish from Mumbai. The dish consists of deep long puri and creamy masala chickpeas, stuffed with the onions and potatoes. This dish is eaten by many of the people in Mumbai. The Channa Bhatura dish can really satisfy the appetite of a person. This dish can be seen in road stalls and different hotels.
- Channa Bhatura is originated from Punjab
- This dish is also called chola puri
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!