Image courtesy: Arian Zwegers
Ajanta-Ellora caves is one of the most well-known places in India. Many of the tourists visit this place from all over the world. The caves shows the ancient Indian art, showing various rock cut sculptures and different types of paintings. The art in these caves are inspired by the Buddhist Civilization. The human emotions can be easily seen through the carving and painting in these caves. Ajanta-Ellora caves is one of the rare caves in the world with beautiful art. UNESCO has included this caves in the list of World Heritage Sites.
1. Entry Fees
Ajanta Ellora is being visited by many of the tourists every year from all over the world. However, one must know that the entry in Ajanta Ellora caves is not free, one needs to give few bucks before entering it. The entry fees is different for different people. Generally the entry fees for adult Indian tourists is Rs.10 per person and for the adult foreign tourists is Rs.250 per person. Also, the charges for taking a camera is Rs.25 per camera.
- There are no charges for children below 15 years of age.
- The entry charges of thes sites are very low compared to other picnic spots
2. Carrying Visas and Necessary documents
There are occasional checking in the heritage site like Ajanta Ellora. So whether be it an Indian tourist or foreign tourist, they should surely carry the necessary documents like Visas and Passports. Carrying these necessary document will always keep the tourist safe and secure.
- Formality procedures becomes difficult if necessary documents are taken properly
- These documents needs to be kept properly by the tourist
3. Knowing Opening hours
It is very necessary for the tourist regarding the opening hours of the Ajanta Ellora caves. If the opening hours of the Ajanta Ellora caves are known properly, it becomes very easy for the tourist to manage their tour. Also, this will ensure that the tourist does not land in any of the problem.
- Please note that these sites are open on all days except Monday
- Many tourist faces problem getting out from caves if they exceed the timings of the opening hours
4. Budget Hotels
The tourist should always do a proper inquiry regarding the budget hotels in Ajanta Ellora caves before visiting here. There are many of the hotels which are relatively costly here, also there are many of the options for low cost hotels. So, knowing the budget hotels with the facility provided will definitely help in saving few bucks from the tourists.
- Hotel New K P Park, Hotel Ajanta, Vrindavan Resort are some of the budget hotels in Ajanta Ellora caves
- There are high quality hotels available in Ajanata Ellora caves
5. By Road travel
Ajanta Ellora caves being a populat tourist destination, many people do visit this place by road with their private vehicles. The people knowing the route to Ajanta may not face any difficulties. However, if a person is not aware of the roads then they may face problem. There are many of the routes to Ajanta caves, however knowing the exact route to Ajanta will only make the tour hassle free and comfortable.
- There are very criss-cross road from Aurangabad city to Ajanta Caves, so proper road knowledge is necessary
- Carrying the necesary vehicle equipment is necessary as the condition of roads is not proper in some areas
6. Carry a torch
The cave areas in Ajanta caves has many of the dark areas. One many find difficulties in walking through this caves, so carrying a proper torch is necessary here. Carrying a proper torch will also ensure that the travel to these caves is safe and clean.
- The torch should not be very heavy
- The tourist should ensure that the tourches should not be misused in any circumstances
7. Carry a wooden stick
While travelling in the hill stations and forested areas it is necessary to carry a wooden stick along. The wooden stick will help an individual to walk properly in hilly areas, to clear difficult branches of plants and also to protect from animals like monkeys, bullocks, etc. The wooden sticks are very necessary while travelling.
- The wooden sticks are easily available in the Ajanta caves
- The price of these sticks varies to some extent
8. Shuttle Buses
After entering the premises of Ajanta spot, the Ajanta caves is quite at long distance. So various shuttle buses are available to go at the exact Ajanta caves place. However, some people also go by walking to these Ajanta caves places. These shuttle places are at very affordable costs.
- Most the tourist travel through these shuttle buses, while some youngsters chooses by walk travel to enjoy the tour.
- On holiday’s these shuttle buses are a little crowded
9. Carefully choose your travel agent
All the travel agents are not good for the tourists. Many of the touts and hawkers, do charge heavily from the new tourists. It will be better if the tourist takes all the necessary precautions and do not take help from touts and hawkers. The hawkers charge will definitely be bad from tourists point of view.
- The hawkers charge very heavily from the foreign tourists
- There are some of the fake touts operating here, so the tourist needs to see the proper license of these touts
10. Roads become congested on holidays
Many of the people go by road to the Ajanta caves. However, the tourist should be aware that the roads are more congested, in the holidays. The roads here are comparatively small, so an expert driver is necessary to drive through this roads. Heavy traffics are frequent by road travel.
- Parking a vehicle requires comparatively more money
- It is necessary to carry all the equipment in the vehicle
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!