Image courtesy: garbyal.
Mumbai is a very well-known place in India and the world. It is metro-politan city with large number of people residing here. Mumbai is a financial capital of India as many of the important industries and companies are located here. Apart from that it is also one of the important place for the tourists. There are many of the attractive spots in Mumbai, which are really worth watching. However, one needs to know some important things while travelling in Mumbai. So, here we will look at 10 travel tips for Mumbai. There are many tourists visiting in Mumbai every year.
The climate of Mumbai is a dry and tropical wet climate. The mean temperature in Mumbai is between 26 degree Celsius to 28 degree Celsius and temperature fluctuates in very low amount throughout the year. Mumbai receives rainfall mainly between the months of June to September. The tourist needs to consider the climate of Mumbai and take necessary precautions.
- In the month of May and June, one can sweat a little higher due to humidity and hotness
- Heavy rains causes great problems to traffic on roads and railways
2. Where to Exchange Currency
Whenever you are in a foreign country, be in India or elsewhere, one of the most important issue is to get the local currency. Finding the local currency exchange is always a tough business, as there are often cheats around and in some case, you may end up with the worst exchange rates. In the following we give you the list which are safe and authentic and give you the best exchange rates in Mumbai.
- Only Exchange your currency with the approved agents.
- Money Changers that offer the Best Rates in Mumbai
3. Beware of mischievous monkeys
There are certain parts of Mumbai particularly in the suburban Mumbai where there is a little mountainous area. Here, one can find many of the monkeys who are really very mischievous. They do various pranks with people and one has to take extra care if any person is carrying food items in their hands, where monkey can easily steal and trouble the person.
- Some aggressive monkeys terrorize the people around them
- Many of the monkey can simply be very entertaining
4. Money Matters
While travelling in Mumbai, the tourists always need to have an approximate calculation of the money that will be needed. Some places in Mumbai particularly hotels and travelling in different transportation can be very costly. It may lead to trouble for many tourists.
- Five stars hotels are very costly in Mumbai
- Travelling in privately hired vehicle can be a bit costly for tourists
5. Knowledge about Local trains
Local trains is one of the important modes of transportation in Mumbai. However, the tourist needs to know that there are three local lines in Mumbai which are Western, Central and Harbour. Also, there are two classes in Mumbai which are First class and second class. The first class is marked the strips on the compartments.
- On Sunday’s some railway lines are down or slow for few hours, due to maintenance work
- In rush hours, the railways are heavily flooded in Mumbai
6. Rush hour Traffic roads
The Mumbai roads have heavy traffic on the roads. During the rush hours, there is very high traffic in the roads. Also, during heavy rains the roads get flooded quickly, leading to the heavy traffic. Many of the roads are heavily very small leading to many of the traffic jams in Mumbai.
- There are many of the shortcut roads in Mumbai, which can make the destination distance small
- One needs to be updated regarding the traffic roads in Mumbai
7. Respect Public places
One needs to be very alert in the public places. One cannot behave inappropriately in the public places in Mumbai.Cleanliness and politely respect should be given to public places, as there are many old and young people. Also, certain spots like Gateway Of India, is like a place of heritage.
- Stricter punishment is given to person behaving inappropriately in public places
- The security is also high in the public places
8. Carrying Visas and necessary documents
The tourist travelling in Mumbai, needs to carry the Visas and other necessary documents compulsory with them.There are frequent checking in certain important spots in Mumbai. So, a person without the necessary documents may face certain problems. So, all visas and documents should be carried properly.
- Person without Visas may face certain problems
- Many of the tourist guide recommends to carry the Visas
9. Beware of Theft
This is one of the important tips that all the tourists travelling in Mumbai should keep in mind. There are many of the thefts operating in Mumbai. These thefts are skillful is stealing and cheating the tourist. So, the tourists needs to be very careful while talking or going with the unknown person.
- There are many cases of thieves in Mumbai
- Many tourist have lost their money in hands of thieves
10. Awesome Beaches Enjoyment
Mumbai is very popular for the fabulous beaches. There are many of the eye-catching beaches in Mumbai. These beaches are really very nice spot for the enjoyment. However, one must keep in mind that the cleanliness of beaches should be maintained. Also, it is dangerous to go deep in sea on beaches. People feel very relaxed in the beaches.
- The beaches of Mumbai are famous all over the world
- Girgaon Beach and Juhu Beach are the most visited beaches in Mumbai
Thanks for visiting 10 Tips!