The Andaman Islands are one of the well-known places in India, as one of the nice tourist destination. This is a group of different small and big islands, which are situated in the east of India in the Bay of Bengal. However, this place is now attracting many people due to its vast natural beauty. This place is having fabulous beaches, wonderful small mountains and one of the best places to enjoy in the water. Here, we will discuss some of the 10 best places to visit in Andaman, which every tourist should definitely visit:
1. Viper Island
Viper Island is an island in Andaman, which got its name particularly because of many snakes inhabiting there earlier. This island is near from the Port Blair islands. Many of the tourists visit Viper Island and have lots of enjoyment here. Viper Islands is having historical importance and there are many of the natural picturesque places.
- It particularly lies in the Southern parts of the Andaman
- There are very less snakes now on these islands
2. Marina Park and Aquarium
The Marina Park and Aquarium is famous for different museum places. The museum reflects some of the aquatic lives. Different types of fishes are found here including large whale, different dolphins and other endangered fishes. Aquatic life lover’s likes to visit this place to explore different aquatic life here.
- This place is also known as ‘Samudrika Marine Museum’
- This museum is having many of the different fishes
3. Radhanagar Beach
Radhanagar Beach is one of the most visited beaches in Andaman, by tourists in Andaman. It has very beautiful blue water and eye catching sunset. There are different types of Hotels nearby beaches where one can enjoy some delicious food including special sea food here.
- One of the magazines named it as the Asia’s Best Beach.
- Sea foods of variety are found here.
4. Limestone Caves
Limestone Caves are located at Baratang. This cave is very fabulous and they are really very natural wonder. This cave is near to an area where one can find an indigenous tribe named “Jarwa”. The shapes of this cave are very nice. This Limestone caves are really a fantastic place to visit for tourist.
- It is a very good spot to enjoy the natural beauty
- One needs to go by boats to visit this place.
5. Cellular Jail
Cellular Jail is one of the prominent places in Andaman which is having a great historical prominence. Britishers used to imprison the freedom fighters here. This used to be one of the strongest prisons and it was very difficult for any person to escape from here. This is one of the much recommended places to visit.
- This place was known as Kaala Paani during British India
- Freedom fighters who were in this jail were Veer Savarkar and Batukeshwar Dutt.
6. North Bay Beach
North Bay Beach is a very wonderful place. Walking under the sea and watching the Octopus’s Garden is very thrilling thing to do, which many of the tourist enjoy. One does not need to know the swimming to walk underwater as they are even equipped with all equipment’s. Many youngsters like’s this place.
- This is a rarest place in India which offers under water walking experience
- It’s totally a safe experience here
Diglipur is a very nice place to visit for the tourist. It is one of the largest towns in North Andaman Islands. The highest peak in Andaman named “Saddle Peak” can be easily found here. Many of the infra structural facilities like transport, health and educational service are well-developed here.
- Kalpong River in Andaman is very close to this area
- Many attractive items are found here
8. Mount Harriet and Madhuban
Mount Harriet and Madhuban is very nice forested area here. One enjoys the natural forest area here. This area is having large number of elephants which are domesticated to do trading activities. Tourist can even enjoy the elephant ride here. There large species of birds in found here, which is liked by the tourists.
- Large number of people visit this place in Andaman
- This is one the rare forest area’s in Andaman
9. Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex
Many tourists have a great craze to visit here. Different types of activities enjoyed by the people here are Jet Ski & Banana rides, speed boats, speed boat cruise, scuba diving, etc. Various people from different parts of the countries visit this place and have a wonderful water sports experience.
- Speed boat cruise and scuba diving is most liked tourist activities
- This is most recommended place in Andaman
10. Bharatpur Beach
Bharatpur Beach is near Neil Islands, which is very famous tourist spot in Andaman. It is beautiful beach with nice shores and coral reefs. The sunrise and sunset is very awesome and people love to watch it. It is very soothing and calm to walk on these beaches, which gives immense pleasures to the tourists here.
- Many people can be seen here on weekends
- This is very clean beach in Andaman
These are some of the 10 best places to visit in Andaman. Many of the tourists like to visit these places in Andaman.